Friday, February 26, 2010

Hearts Cry to God

I wrote this note on the afternoon of Wednesday, 3/25/09. Read it and then I will go into how He answered me Wednesday night.

Note beginning:

Okay. So, what do you want from me? I am asking for Your guidance. I need Your help! I am crying out to you for forgiveness and mercy. I know that lately I have been going through the motions rather than living the Christian life you call me to live. I ask for forgiveness from that. Set my heart on fire for you again! Lord, if there is anything in my life that isn’t pleasing to You, please convict me of it in my heart so that I may ask for forgiveness and move on. Lord, if there is any unconfessed sin in my life, please forgive me of it. Bring it to mind and I will bring it to the foot of the cross and leave it there. I ask for forgiveness for all the worrying I have done when I know that You have all things under control. You Father take care of even the little sparrow, so why then would You not take care of me. You have in my past, right now in my present, and will in my future.

I truly admire people who can completely, whole-heartedly just follow and trust You by faith. It seems that I give it all over to You and then take it back again. I am so scared right now. I feel like I am falling down into a black hole and that I am never going to stop. I feel so out of control and that is a hard thing for me. I have never been good at sitting still and listening and waiting for You. I know that is definitely a lesson You are teaching me.

Abba, Father, I need you. I need to know that you are caring me through this right now. I need to feel Your love. Please draw me closer to You. Help me to understand and see what You are doing in my life. Give me a patience and a peace that only comes from You.

End Note.

So, Wednesday night was my community group night and we have a lot of girls so we split into 2 groups. My group had 6 girls. God placed each of us in that room for specific reasons. We started with prayer request and by the time we were finishing up I had the overwhelming sense to not do our lesson for the night but to just lift each other up in prayer. So, that is what we did. We lifted each other up to our Father in Heaven and just cried out to Him on each others behalf. After the prayers, we read each other some of our favorite verses and God spoke. Each verse or chapter that was read held a very strong message for each of us and He just reminded us that He has it under control and that where we are weak, He is strong. I left feeling so much better, truly at peace. It was the reminder that I needed.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment