Friday, February 26, 2010

God, I need You!

Father, please hear the cry of my heart! My heart is broken and I know that I cannot be the one to fix it. That comes from You. I am crying out to You. I need You to wrap me up in Your loving arms. All of this "stuff" in my life right now is way more than I can handle. Life itself is more than any mere man or woman can handle. You want us to daily rely on You. I have felt closer to You these last 6 months sincing lossing my job and I know You have a reason for this "storm of life" right now that I am going through. Here I am, Your child, crying out to You. Please Father send me one of Your angels. Even if its in the form of a human here on earth, I need that. I am opening up for all to see. The vulnerable state that I am in right now. I know that You have a Perfect plan for me. Help me to find it. Guide me to that path Father.

I pray these words from one of my favorite Casting Crowns song.

I was sure by now / God You would have reached down / And wiped our(my) tears away / Stepped in and saved the day / But once again, I say "Amen" and its still raining

As the thunder rolls / I barely hear You whisper through the rain / "I'm with you" / And as Your mercy falls/I raise my hands and praise the God who gives/And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm / And I will lift my hands / For You are who You are / No matter where I am / Every tear I've cried / You hold in Your hand / You never left my side / And though my heart is torn / I will praise You in this storm

I remember when / I stumbled in the wind /You heard my cry / You raised me up again / My strenth is almost gone / How can I carry on / If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls / I barely hear You whisper through the rain / "I'm with you" / And as Your mercy falls/I raise my hands and praise the God who gives/And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm / And I will lift my hands / For You are who You are / No matter where I am / Every tear I've cried / You hold in Your hand / You never left my side / And though my heart is torn / I will praise You in this storm

I lift my eye unto the hills / Where does my help come from? / My help comes from the Lord / The Maker of Heaven and Earth / I lift my eye unto the hills / Where does my help come from? / My help comes from the Lord / The Maker of Heaven and Earth

I'll praise You in this storm / And I will lift my hands / For You are who You are / No matter where I am / Every tear I've cried / You hold in Your hand / You never left my side / And though my heart is torn / I will praise You in this storm / And though my heart / I will praise You in this storm?/


Father, I am submitting it all over to You. I really don't have the strength anymore. My heart has been broken into so many pieces that only You know how to restore it. You are my Creator and You are the Great Healer.

If you, my friend or family member, are reading this, I am asking for your prayers right now. Please intercede on my behalf and ask for direction in my life. Ask for comfort. Pray for God's will to be done in my life. I do not pray for the "storm" to be calmed unless that is God's will. Only He knows when it is time for this storm to end. If there are still lessons to be learned, I pray that He will begin impressing them upon my heart. Pray against Satan's attacks on me. Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. This post was written last summer. I just now moved it over from its original location.

    ReplyDelete