Monday, March 1, 2010

When God talks, you listen.

So, I have had a very interesting day. I was supposed to take the Praxis this morning at 11 am at the University of Arkansas. Well, here is what happened. I left a hour before the test to make it to the campus on time, get a parking spot and find the test site. I have not visit too many different college campuses but let me tell you about UA. Parking is a nightmare! I was told that I would be able to use a meter and that it was 6 hours. This would ensure plenty of time for me to take my test and not receive a parking ticket. I was not told about the fact that the test service building had their own and that they were the only 6 hour meters. The one I found was a 90 minute one. Well, I only had 10 minutes before the test so I parked and placed enough for the 90 minutes and figured that I would just deal with the ticket before I left. So, I started walking towards the place the email said and the place the person on the phone told me. Twenty minutes later I am lost. I call the office again and the nice young man on the other end finally got me to the location I needed to be at. I was now 20 minutes late.

I arrived in the correct location and at this point was extremely frustrated. The director of testing services said I could take a moment and gather myself. She came to talk to me when she got everyone else all set up. While she was talking to me one of her people asked me if I was signed in. I said I was not and she very rudely told me I needed to sign in. The director told her not to worry and that she was taking care of me. After talking to her for a while, I decided not to take the test.

God used this incident to speak to me. I very clearly heard Him say "What are you doing? You don't want to do this. This isn't what makes you happy. Trust me." So, I told the director lady that I wasn't going to take the test and thanked her for talking with me. She was very sweet. So, I left and went back home, had lunch and went to the Reality Check, Inc office to work on the video for the fundraiser. God will definitely get your attention and speak to you when He has it. I am glad He did. Now I feel like I finally am listening to Him the way I should always. My future is completely in His hands and I will follow where He leads me. I am also a lot more calm about what that future might hold or take me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Honey! What a gift to know for certain the Lord is speaking to you! Still coming down here to take a test?
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete