Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mission Trip & Support Raising

Hello family and friends! I hope 2010 has started off just wonderfully for you. As you all know, this past year has been one of change for me. At first, I truly did not appreciate the “forced” change position I was put in. Now, over a year later, I can truly say I have been so blessed by God and His faithfulness. He has grown me and still continues to grow me. He has taught me many wonderful things and I am truly thankful for those lessons. He has also strengthened my heart for missions and shown me a new passion, youth. I have had the wonderful opportunity to be a part of the youth ministry here at Fellowship. With a strengthened desire for missions, I am so very excited to tell you of an opportunity coming up this June for me.

Once again I am preparing to go on a mission trip to Casa on the Rocks down in Guatemala City. It is the same place I went last summer and I couldn’t be more thrilled to have the chance to return. My group will once again be doing some construction and loving on the children. The most important part of this whole trip is to love on these children. They have been horribly mistreated by their families and have suffered abuse in ways no child or human ever should. Here is the link to Casa’s website - www.casaontherock.org. When you have some time, please check it out. It will give you a better understanding of where I am going and why loving on the children is so important.

I am asking for your support in a couple of ways. The first is prayer. This entire trip needs to be bathed in prayer. The second is financial. We will be staying for 1 week and so I need to raise $1,000 in support for this trip. There are a couple of ways to give financially. One way is to send a check made out to Fellowship Bible Church. I have included an envelope already addressed to Fellowship. A second way to donate is to visit my direct link. http://myMission.fellowshipnwa.org/modMissionInfo.asp?memberid=455244

On the site there are 3 options. The first button is to give via an electronic check. The second is to give via a credit/debit card. The third is to become a prayer partner. I pray that you will prayerfully consider how God would have you be a part of this trip whether it is financially or as a prayer partner.

I am so excited about this trip, to once again go and do God’s work. Even Jesus took time to love on the children. What a great opportunity to go and do exactly that, love on His children. By supporting me, you also are loving on these children. Every contribution is so helpful and so appreciated. I am so blessed to have each of you in my life and for the wonderful things you have taught me either as some sort of teacher along the way or just by the Christian example you live out through your life. Here is a line from a favorite Casting Crowns song. “Sing until the whole world hears”. I am following Him and will continue to go wherever He send and do what He asks me to do until the whole world hears.

2 comments:

  1. Steph you are such a blessing to people!! Missions are in your heart. I don't think you realize how much you touch peoples lives. I'll be praying for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete